Whether you are looking for a full Thatcham-approved Category one alarm system, an immobiliser, a vehicle tracking system or an anti-carjacking system, at Ultimate Audio we are here to help you.
To make things a little easier for you to decide which is the best system for your needs, we have listed the various different types of vehicle security below. If at any point you would like additonal information or would like to know which system would work best on your vehicle please contact us and we will be happy to help.
Thatcham Category 1 Alarm System
Thatcham category 1 is an insurance approved combined alarm and immobiliser security system offering a high standard of vehicle security and are the cleverest and most complex on the market. A Category 1 alarm will feature perimeter and ignition detection, and will incorporate movement or glass break and tilt sensors. There’ll also be a siren powered by its own battery supply that will sound if your car gets broken into.
Immobilisers are also a requirement to pass Category 1 tests and have to be passively set – that means without any action from the driver – while a minimum of two operating systems or one control unit used for normal operation must be isolated.
In our opinion the Clifford Concept 650 would be the most advance and secure Cat 1 alarm system available on the market today, with many addiotnal add-ons avalible.
Thatcham Category 2 Immobiliser
Thatcham Category 2 is an insurance approved immobiliser are the same as a Category 1 however they do not have the alarm to go with it or the additional sensors.
A 2/1 alarm upgrade this is achieved when upgrade work is carried out on a Category 2 vehicle. As long as the car has Category 2 security status (Most modern vehicles do) adding an alarm with the above facets from Category 1, the car can be upgraded to group 2/1, potentially lowering your vehicle insurance premiums.
If you have a newish vehicle it may already have a factory fitted Cat 1 Alarm or Cat 2 System to it, however to make the vehicle more secure you could just add a simpler Alarm System with an additional immobiliser cut to the vehicle, this way even if a thief had your keys but did not have the alarm fob there would be no way to start your vehicle without first removing the Alarm System.
A Remote start Alarm System is an Alarm System with one immobilisation cut but with the added benefit that you can press the button on the Alarm fob and start your vehicle from inside your house, this is especially useful in the cold winter months When you can start the vehicle and let it warm up, defrost the windows and when your ready to leave you can get into a nice warm vehicle. You can also do the opposite in the warmer months to cool the vehicle down.
Thatcham Category 5 Tracker
Thatcham Category 5 is the highest specification stolen vehicle tracking device that is approved by insurers. Category 5 trackers are ideal for high performance and high value vehicles, and when fitted correctly provide the owner with peace of mind that their vehicle is secure.
This type of systems can track the whereabouts of a stolen vehicle, but also have the ability to immobilise the car remotely by capping certain engine functions so the car can be shut down.
Thatcham Category 6 Tracker
A Cat 6 Tracker is the same as a Cat 5 Tracker however they do not have a immobilisation cut and are not able to remotely shut down the vehicle.
The quality of any vehicle or car tracking device is only as good as its installation. Unless installed correctly even the most sophisticated system could fail to protect your vehicle and may cause electrical/electronic systems to malfunction.
This type of protection stops a potential thief from using diagnostic tools or other equipment to program keys or start the vehicle without the use of the original key.
There are a couple of products that we would recommend depending on the vehicle and customer requirements.
This system requires the original OBD port to be removed and a new one installed which will only communicate with the vehicle when a driver recognised card is presented, without this the OBD diagnostic port is completely useless.
Autowatch Ghost Imobiliser
The Ghost protects your car from key-cloning, hacking, and even key theft. The only way a thief could take a Ghost protected car is by physically towing it away, even then they will never be able to drive it! The Ghost has no key-fobs or LED indications to give away its location. The Ghost uses the buttons in your vehicle such as those on the steering wheel, door panels or centre console, to allow you to make a unique, changeable, PIN code sequence that must first be entered before you can drive your car. Just like your credit card but you can make your car PIN even safer by making it up to 20 presses long!
With many alarm systems you can add many different accessories to further protect the vehicle below is the various system add-ons.
- The Clifford Digital Tilt sensor detects even minor lifting or rolling of the vehicle without any of the false alarms common to all other tilt and motion sensors. A must for vehicles with upgraded wheels and tires. Automatically self-adjusting.
Dual Zone Proximity Sensor
- The most effective vehicle-intrusion sensor. This dual zone radar sensor detects moving high-density objects using RF field-disturbance technology. Ideal for convertibles or any application where zone-intrusion protection is desired. Interfaces directly with any Directed Electronics alarm system offering a multiplex input for perimeter-intrusion response (Clifford/Viper). New custom-chip design for outstanding stability and performance.
Glass Break Sensor
- Glass/Audio Sensor
- Provides pre-entry protection by detecting tampering and breaking of vehicle’s glass.
- Reliable CMOS design with remote microphone analyzes frequency, intensity and timing of intrusion sounds to eliminate false alarms.
- Provide coverage of a vehicle’s interior cabin area. The sensors detect movement inside the vehicle by sensing air disturbance. They should trigger the alarm if a thief has gained access to the interior of your vehicle. Fully adjustable.
Double Guard Shock/Impact Sensor
- The most effective protection against shock/impact.
- Uses patented electromagnetic technology to eliminate mechanical parts. Two outputs are provided. The first offers a Warn Away response on light impact and the second instantly triggers the alarm on hard impact.
Anti Hijack Module
- Carjacking Response & Vehicle Recovery System
- BlackJax is Clifford’s unique anti-carjacking response system that puts personal safety first while using innovative advancements to ensure that users can recover the vehicle themselves. If an armed car thief approaches – whether at a stoplight or in a parking lot (where most carjackings occur) – immediately turn over the keys and remote and let Clifford technology take over.
- BlackJax is fully automatic: no buttons or transmitters to push when a gun is involved. Just get away from the vehicle. BlackJax allows the criminal to drive away a safe distance. Then, a few seconds later, BlackJax blares the siren and flashes the lights to alert other drivers and witnesses. It then pulses down the ignition system to safely force the vehicle to slow to a complete stop. Siren blaring and lights flashing, unable to restart the engine, the carjacker has no choice but to abandon the vehicle.
- BlackJax offers immediate vehicle self-recovery. With the vehicle immobilized a short distance away, the owner can recover it. No special tracking units, monthly fees or per-use charges. Just follow the sound of the BlackJax siren, then enter the PIN code. That’s it – it’s sabotage-proof. The only way to turn off BlackJax is with a secret user-selectable PIN code. If the carjacker tries guessing codes at random, BlackJax actively ignores his code entries for the next few minutes. Even if he were to find and remove the BlackJax control unit, he would still be unable to restart the engine. That’s Clifford technology you can count on
Smart Start / Tracking Module
Now you can remote start, lock and unlock your car just by pushing a button on your smartphone; using the Viper SmartStart App from Directed, the leader in vehicle security and remote start. The simple graphical interface gives you control over the following features of your installed Viper remote start or security with remote start system:
SmartStart GPS lets you locate and control your car from almost anywhere. Set your phone to alert you if your vehicle visits certain areas, find your car in a parking lot, or set a speed limit alert. We’ve added a host of great new features previously unavailable in any single app, such as vehicle locator, social check in, speed alert and lock down alert. You can even receive a notification when your car leaves or enters a designated zone.
Keep in mind that your vehicle security system can only ever be as good as the shop that installed it. Improperly or incompletely installed car alarms simply can’t function optimally to protect your car or truck–and they may even fail entirely! That’s why it’s important to entrust your vehicle security installation to professional installers, not amateurs. Ultimate Audio of is staffed by fully trained certified specialists, meaning we have the expertise, knowledge, and skills to correctly put in just about any vehicle security system. By offering only top-quality car alarm products and superior installation workmanship, Ultimate Audio ensures all of our customers can be completely confident in our vehicle security systems. We’re your solution for hassle-free, worry-free car alarms in the west midlands!